Thursday, February 18, 2010

Dodge Brothers...

While talking to a rancher buddy of mine last week, he mentioned a Model T car sitting in a wash on a rural ranch, that he leases to run cattle on. Now as I have said before, Cowboys for the most part, don't know cars. So this morning, following his directions, I made the trek out. I fully expected to find a rusty Maverick or Pinto station wagon. To my surprise, it was a late teens Dodge Brothers Phaeton. Not a Model T, but not far off. This car is buried in the sand from many years of run-off. But you can see that it is mostly there (body wise) and there are hints of other cars underneath the sand (there looks to be a sedan rear corner sticking out next to a rear door from the car)? I'm sure they are wasted, but I'm still interested is pulling them out. Perhaps the dirt saved the metal? Most probably not, but I've seen weirder. Now I need to get permission from the 80-something year old ranch owner (it's better than getting shot at). I will let you know...

No comments:

Post a Comment